Westward is a licensed engineering firm in Texas. Our staff has been able to combine their engineering and mapping knowledge with the technology offered by unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), aka "drones". Westward staff has been utilizing UAVs for 2-D and 3-D mapping applications in excess of three years.
In addition to providing the drone services, Westward understands there may be a need for companies to conduct UAV related services in-house. Westward can assist in developing in-house UAV programs to include pilot training and data analysis.
From providing all UAV related services to training your company to manage UAV projects, or combinations of both, Westward has the hardware, software, and experience to complete your projects safely, timely, and cost-effectively.
Below are the primary types of projects Westward can complete utilizing UAV as the primary tool.
- Project sizes from 1 acre in size to 30,000+ acres
- Creation of orthomosaic maps (GSD: <1-5 cm/pix)
- Creation of topographic maps (10-100 points per square foot)
- Map and profile pipeline ROWs
- Creation of profile/cross-sectional views
- Creation of digital surface and terrain models (DSM &DTM)
- Cut and fill calculations
- Stockpile volume calculations
- Creation of dense point clouds
- Creation of watershed maps
- Creation of excavation plans
- Slope analysis
- 3-D visualizations
- Video inspections
Industries utilizing UAVs:
- Oil & Gas
- Surface Mining
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response